Counter-Strike Beta 2.0 (August 13, 1999)
Client and server changes.
- Round timer was added.
- Team score was added.
- Night vision goggles were added.
- The ability to change key bindings was added.
- "ignoremessages" console command was added.
- "sv_limitteams" console command was added.
- "sv_lowlag" console command was added.
Player models changes:
- All models were optimized for lower "r_speeds" parameters.
- Terrorist model was improved.
- New scope for G3SG1.
- New scope for AWP.
- Weapon sounds were updated.
- Bunker, Docks, Facility, Alley1 and Zoption maps were added.
- Siege and Assault maps were updated.
- Mansion, Prison and Wpndepot maps were deleted.
- AK-47, Desert Eagle and SG-552 were added.
- Silencers for USP and M4A1 were added.
- The Irish Republican Army (IRA) was changed to Phoenix (Phoenix Faction)
Installation and running
(Important!) set the system date to summer 1999.
1. Run the installer.
2. The installer may state that it cannot find the necessary version of Half-Life on your computer. You will need to choose the path to the folder with your chosen version of the game manually. (E.g. C:/Games/Half-LifeWON)
3. Once the installation is complete there you will be able to choose to use the default key bindings or to change them to custom key bindings.
4. Run hl.exe, and click the "Custom Game" button. This will open a list of mods. Choose the Counter-Strike version that you wish to play.
5. Go to "Multiplayer", then "LAN Game", and then "Create Server".
Attention: You will need the original WON-version of Half-Life not earlier then v 22.214.171.124 in order to install and play this.
Also bear in mind that these CS versions are not compatible with the Steam-version of Half-Life.
In the graphics options it is best to set the Software render option.