• Просмотр профиля
    • LeakNet
Русскоязычная тема: https://hl2-beta.ru/index.php?topic=26667.0

Installation guide:

Updating guide:
  • Download and install newer version of LeakNet on top of the old
  • Done, you're awesome!

LeakNet modification installation guide
Instead of copying all of mod contents into the "hl2" folder, with LeakNet you can use a folder for each of modifications.
Just create a new folder near hl2.exe, name it clearly and copy all of the mod contents into it. For example, if you choose to name your folder "MyMod" - directory tree should look like this:

Beta folder:

MyMod folder:

Then you can use ModLauncher that is shipped with LeakNet for quick and easy launching, or launch mods from the game by "Change game" menu item (the mod should have scripts\liblist.gam file in it)

Present console variables
There are some of new console variables in LeakNet at the time. Let me explain them:
  • hud_showplayerinfo 1/0 - turns on/off player name at the center of the screen in multiplayer
  • fire_particlefire 1/0 - turns on/off particle fire
  • fire_dlightuse 1/0 - turns on/off dynamic light from fire
  • fire_dlightintensity - intensity of fire's dynamic light
  • fire_dlightscale - size of fire's dynamic light
  • sv_footprints 1/0 - turns on/off footprint effect on wet surfaces
  • pp_motionblur 1/0 - turns on/off motion blur effect. Also that option is controlled by Options -> Video tab
  • pp_motionblur_addalpha 0-1 -  (default: 0.7) - alpha amount, 1 - fully opaque, 0 - fully transparent
  • pp_motionblur_drawalpha 1/0 - turns on/off alpha channel
  • pp_motionblur_time - how much game should wait until render next motion blur frame, 0 - every frame
  • sk_hydra_health  - hydra health amount
  • sk_hydra_stab_damage - hydra damage amount
  • hud_enableoldhud 1/0 - turns on/off the old 2002-era HUD
  • phys_continuous_vmodel_anim 1/0 - turns on/off "fire" animation loop

Patch changelog (relative to the original beta build)
Due to fact that leaked beta's source code is differ from the original beta build, I didn't mentioned all the fixes and stuff that I've implemented to be similar to original. Full list of fixes and improvements you can find at this page. There are only few of them under spoiler:
Spoiler
[свернуть]

Share information and suggestions in this thread. I'll try to answer your questions.

PS: This message will update as needed

Ryanisagordonfreeman

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
There is a very specific game crashing bug. Molotovs can not explode on tools/ textures. (Such as nodraw, clip, player cip, npc clip.) Or else the game will crash as soon as the molotov touches it, it will not give an error, it will just crash.

VXP

• Просмотр профиля
    • LeakNet
There is a very specific game crashing bug. Molotovs can not explode on tools/ textures. (Such as nodraw, clip, player cip, npc clip.) Or else the game will crash as soon as the molotov touches it, it will not give an error, it will just crash.
Cannot reproduce, please post your issue on https://gitlab.com/UAVXP/LeakNet/-/issues (previously http://leaknet.tk/mantisbt)

UPD: Okay, I already see your issue there

Ryanisagordonfreeman

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Cannot reproduce, please post your issue on http://leaknet.tk/mantisbt

UPD: Okay, I already see your issue there
It's strange you can't reproduce it. I had a sequence where an npc threw a molotov at a bullseye, the bullseye was on the side of a nodraw brush. Everytime the molotov hit the bullseye, the game would crash.

VXP

• Просмотр профиля
    • LeakNet
Everytime the molotov hit the bullseye, the game would crash.
So when it hits a bullseye, not tools/ texture? I'm a bit confused now, okay, thought that throwing a molotov into a tools/ texture should reproduce this bug. Will try to combine that things then

Ryanisagordonfreeman

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Everytime the molotov hit the bullseye, the game would crash.
So when it hits a bullseye, not tools/ texture? I'm a bit confused now, okay, thought that throwing a molotov into a tools/ texture should reproduce this bug. Will try to combine that things then

After it kept crashing, I simply removed the nodraw texture and put a normal brush there, then it worked perfectly.

It's either a combination of both bullseye on tools/, or just molotov on tools/

VXP

• Просмотр профиля
    • LeakNet

Ryanisagordonfreeman

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Can this map crash your game? Please, check:
https://yadi.sk/d/ZYlJABku3LvK8r

Just stand on a trigger brush

For some reason, it doesn't. Which texture did you use?

Maybe the crash was just very specific on my end. I had a script where the citizen threw a molotov at the Consul Statues head, so I put nodraws near his head so the molotov would hit them. And it would crash. So I just put a brush inside his head with a normal texture, and it worked perfectly. I think the bug is very situational and doesn't require fixing.

VXP

• Просмотр профиля
    • LeakNet
For some reason, it doesn't. Which texture did you use?
I used just normal nodraw texture. Also I've tried to make something similar to your map, but I can't reproduce this bug anyway

Maybe the crash was just very specific on my end. I had a script where the citizen threw a molotov at the Consul Statues head, so I put nodraws near his head so the molotov would hit them. And it would crash. So I just put a brush inside his head with a normal texture, and it worked perfectly. I think the bug is very situational and doesn't require fixing.
Every bug requires fixing. Can you just send me a vmf or bsp with that bug via PM, for example?
  • True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
deleted message*
Отредактировано: 19 Авг 2017, 22:43:04 от Homeless_Man
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Links to my Stuff
Woah. I should've downloaded this first instead of messing around with other mods/patches. This is great, I can't wait for the later versions and the merging with Mega Patch 4. This really does fix all the problems with the HL2 Beta, and finally I'm so glad anti-aliasing is an option now you have no idea.
  • Antlion Grub
    • Просмотр профиля
A new Version of Hammer Editor? WC.EXE is too old...  !mistrust !mad

From Витой: don't quote big texts next time, pls.
Отредактировано: 29 Авг 2017, 22:42:26 от Витой
  • Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Guys is it safe to download the 5065 version of leaknet? Because previously it said that required megapatch 4. Now it is listed as "old leaknet builds" and the current one is 5116
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Guys is it safe to download the 5065 version of leaknet? Because previously it said that required megapatch 4. Now it is listed as "old leaknet builds" and the current one is 5116
It's safe work for me. Download the 5116. :)
  • Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Thanks man