Has anyone been able to fix the WC Map pack and is able to make a download?

HeRp-A-dErP-a-NErp.eXe

• Antlion Grub
    • Просмотр профиля
I have recently finally managed to get this leak to work and I have been enjoying a lot. I downloaded the sorted WC Map pack files, not reading the description at first and then I saw all the .vmf files. I read the description along with the guides on how to fix the maps and put them in as a map, but I am not one who knows how to map stuff or fix up maps. Has anyone completely fixed all the maps and is willing to make a download link if they are able to for people like me, who are not able to make or fix maps?
( ・ ω ・ )
    • Просмотр профиля
WC mappack contains almost 1500 .VMFs. To fix them all - it's a pointless time wasting.
Most interesting stuff from WCm has already been fixed and compiled both for beta and retail hl2.

You don't need to know everything about leveldesign for Source Engine, if you just want to fix some missing textures\models or entities. This guide explains a lot of things.
If you first time in HammerEditor, i would recommend you to watch these nice tutorials on youtube.

Cvoxalury

• Просмотр профиля
'All the maps' includes a lot of junk. If you throw out:

1) prefabs, which aren't supposed to be playable
2) 'autocompile' folder and E3 3 (everyone saw them a thousand times
3) zoo maps (nothing to do on them)
4) somehow compromise on such maps as Sawyer's 'playgrounds' (which are the same map with slightly different set of entities each time), or 'streetfire' series, or other very similar maps,

then the WCM could get down to something manageable. Even then, it'd require many months of work to make it worth anything, or splitting the project between 30 responsible people.

Bugnotnot

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Someone compiled a bunch of the wc mappacks and released them with the axel project. But they aren't fixed http://www.mediafire.com/file/hz3l6abs7l0a0hu/Axel+project.rar
  • Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
You mean this video?

VXP

• Просмотр профиля
    • LeakNet
Someone compiled a bunch of the wc mappacks and released them with the axel project. But they aren't fixed http://www.mediafire.com/file/hz3l6abs7l0a0hu/Axel+project.rar
Wow, for what reason? As I can see in a video, lights on those maps isn't compiled, so what is the point then?

Cvoxalury

• Просмотр профиля
Wow, for what reason? As I can see in a video, lights on those maps isn't compiled, so what is the point then?

This would be your bare-bones introduction to the mappack, to the 'full beta'. Obviously they couldn't compile lights because a) would take them ages b) a lot of vmfs have leaks (often due to transparent textures used on outer map walls), so lights would still be broken.
I remember folks from RtB team using this raw compiled mappack to quickly get references from maps, in-game, in contrast to opening them in Hammer.
  • Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I dunno. Video is old but when guy posted a download link I recognized this video. No point. But I think he turned mat_fullbright on