HL2 and Valve Beta Remakes in progress

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Kofi and artstation link
Hey all, this is Uncanny from the VCC server, decided its high time I make an account on here and get to having more of a presence here for my stuff, at the moment I've got a number of things I've been working on in the background for personal projects and a few hl2 beta commissions I've done recently./
you can see the things I've done on Here. I'll post here with updates as they come

These are my two latest commissions:
(Texture not mine, for this Mod)
(for a Gmod server vehicle)
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
other wip I'm working on (seperate posts to allow for the images):
Custom scanner design based off a blurry piece of concept art
remodelling the physics manipulator to resemble the icon in the beta
Eli Maxwell's head based on the concept art
old manhack model made from scratch only using the textures
recon synth model based on the concept art
city scanner model based on the early concept sketch
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
And finally:
stunstick based on the icon
odell remodel
hopwire highpoly remodel
the beta gum

I'll post more as I work on them for fun and any updates for when the personal ones I'm doing end up finished and available to everyone!
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I liked the physgun model, I would gladly install this model
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I liked the physgun model, I would gladly install this model
I'll be sure to let you know when its done lol, I'm still trying to figure out some inspiration images to replace the blocked out stock with something combine looking, attached is the playerview of it.
  • Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Oh look I'm a special person who has a YouTube account
I need my 1999 Odell. Where is my 1999 Odell?!?!?!

Wolfcl0ck

• Просмотр профиля
    • My Portfolio
Blud has got business he's attending to.
Click to go to my Youtube Channel
My portfolio
My Gamebanana
My Lambdagen
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
All of these look very accurate and I want them
info_player_start
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
speaking of new WIP:

Wolfcl0ck

• Просмотр профиля
    • My Portfolio
Oh my Lord the media player, that is awesome dude.
My portfolio
My Gamebanana
My Lambdagen

Bruner

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Friggin' excellent models my man! Keep up the good work!
Заранее извините за мой ломаный русский. Мне приходится полагаться на Google Translate.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
🔸𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗨𝗕𝗘 @DaRealBruner
🔸𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗗 Bruner#1756
🔸𝗟𝗔𝗠𝗕𝗗𝗔 𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 @Bruner
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Friggin' excellent models my man! Keep up the good work!
Thanks!

also before I forget, here is the OTHER physgun I'm working on:

oh, and links to files for making custom hl2 beta gum stickers (to be accurate as possible to other stickers, the text guidelines are to use phonetically translated english to cyrillic, rather than an accurate translation as thats what the real stickers did).
and a Tbot hl1 playermodel!
Отредактировано: 05 Июл 2023, 13:09:06 от Uncanny
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
with the recently found manhack monkey barrel screenshot, the blade on it is actually slightly different from the manhack_old blade so I made it into a holo blade for the even older manhack recreation I'm working on, works much nicer than the sawblade version I was working with.
might make a proper blade model rather than just a flat plane to fill the black space in the manhack body.
(ignore the texture edges for now)

Wolfcl0ck

• Просмотр профиля
    • My Portfolio
with the recently found manhack monkey barrel screenshot, the blade on it is actually slightly different from the manhack_old blade so I made it into a holo blade for the even older manhack recreation I'm working on, works much nicer than the sawblade version I was working with.
might make a proper blade model rather than just a flat plane to fill the black space in the manhack body.
(ignore the texture edges for now)
Unfortunately, the screenshot in question appears to have been taken off of Google by the video creators, likely from either moddb or gamebanana. The video it was taken from was an interview, not a portfolio, and none of the pictures in it seemed to be from Laura herself. The first picture was of a bunch of city 17 furniture taken in Garry's Mod of all things, the second one was a picture of a brush pipe made by Aaron Barber, not Laura at all, and the third picture, when Laura said she made "rock models" for Half-Life 2, shows a bunch of brush rocks in a map made by Josh Weier (grub2.vmf) which was clearly taken from a moddb, since the grubs had a strange specular map that was added onto them that's not present in the normal texture.
Secondly, the screenshot the model was seen in had to have been taken after April of 2004, since not only is there a projected texture flashlight in the screenshot, but the supply crates are using their final textures. Additionally, Laura, at the earliest, was not a developer at Valve until a year after Weather Control was cut.
Finally, the model in that screenshot itself appears to just be the retail oil drum with a top and bottom added onto it. You can see the same normal map details around the center.
My portfolio
My Gamebanana
My Lambdagen
    • Просмотр профиля
One thing I can say for sure, grub2 screenshot used in the video was taken by HGrunt for the HL wiki back in 2011, which indeed throws a shade on the rest of pictures used in the video, so someone should see if that manhack was on some garrysmod org page from 2005.
https://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/File:Grub2.jpg