HL2 and Valve Beta Remakes in progress

Wolfcl0ck

• Просмотр профиля
    • My Portfolio
One thing I can say for sure, grub2 screenshot used in the video was taken by HGrunt for the HL wiki back in 2011, which indeed throws a shade on the rest of pictures used in the video, so someone should see if that manhack was on some garrysmod org page from 2005.
https://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/File:Grub2.jpg
I had spent some time looking for it either on garrysmod.org, moddb, or gamebanana earlier this evening. Unfortunately, I could not find the exact source, but I did find an old gamebanana post from 14 years ago by Xblah looking for voice actors for a "weather control mod" that they never released. Comments on the page seem to imply that there was a fair bit to be seen, but all that's left is a now broken tinypic image. I would not be surprised if this was the source.
Click to go to my Youtube Channel
My portfolio
My Gamebanana
My Lambdagen

Sarah

• Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
One thing I can say for sure, grub2 screenshot used in the video was taken by HGrunt for the HL wiki back in 2011, which indeed throws a shade on the rest of pictures used in the video, so someone should see if that manhack was on some garrysmod org page from 2005.
I had spent some time looking for it either on garrysmod.org, moddb, or gamebanana earlier this evening. Unfortunately, I could not find the exact source, but I did find an old gamebanana post from 14 years ago by Xblah looking for voice actors for a "weather control mod" that they never released. Comments on the page seem to imply that there was a fair bit to be seen, but all that's left is a now broken tinypic image. I would not be surprised if this was the source.
where does the relation to weather control come from? anyway, the barrel was debunked to be from some crusader mod so it doesnt matter anymore
𓇗 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 ,
𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔡 𓋼

Wolfcl0ck

• Просмотр профиля
    • My Portfolio
where does the relation to weather control come from? anyway, the barrel was debunked to be from some crusader mod so it doesnt matter anymore
A crusader mod, huh? If you get the chance, could you show me which in in particular? Some peers of mine were discussing it and I would like to let them know about that.
The assumption about weather control comes from the "WEC" on the barrels.
My portfolio
My Gamebanana
My Lambdagen

Sarah

• Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
A crusader mod, huh? If you get the chance, could you show me which in in particular? Some peers of mine were discussing it and I would like to let them know about that.
The assumption about weather control comes from the "WEC" on the barrels.
(these links were found by shift)
https://www.echosector.com/forum/threads/hl2-regret-logo.360/
it was called "Half-Life 2: Regret" a lot of it's media is gone.
this is how the barrels look in the game, see the resemblance?
WEC is short for World Economic Consortium
𓇗 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 ,
𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔡 𓋼
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Kofi and artstation link
That is some Crazy digging! good catch on the consistency of the images Wolfcl0ck, I'm suprised that there even still exist some images from that dead mod, I wonder how the barrel screenshot ended up in the video if nearly no images exist from it?

anyways I'll probably make a different version of the blade that isn't based of fake beta lol, I like the blue holo-glow of it regardless of the design being from an ancient dead mod.
    • Просмотр профиля
For the record, HL2 Regret's forum is still up, for the time being, but no images survive anywhere. The screenshot was probably of "Container #1" aka "plastic barrel" from the 3d models thread.
As for how it ended up in the video - the video is from 9 years ago, images were still up and available back then.
Finding this was wild.
https://www.echosector.com/forum/forums/hl2-regret-mod.23/

Edit: I had no idea XBLAH had a weather control mod once, but afaik he doesn't have his old map sources anymore.
Отредактировано: 10 Июл 2023, 11:15:38 от Shift

Wolfcl0ck

• Просмотр профиля
    • My Portfolio
That is some Crazy digging! good catch on the consistency of the images Wolfcl0ck, I'm suprised that there even still exist some images from that dead mod, I wonder how the barrel screenshot ended up in the video if nearly no images exist from it?

anyways I'll probably make a different version of the blade that isn't based of fake beta lol, I like the blue holo-glow of it regardless of the design being from an ancient dead mod.
I thought something was fishy from the get-go, and my peers and I had a lot of discussion about it in our Discord. Credit actually goes to Kimberly and Frying Pans for noticing that all of the pictures were just random shots unrelated to Laura's actual work.
My portfolio
My Gamebanana
My Lambdagen
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
New progress! I have semi-finalized the manhack model and have rigged it enough to start going through each of the animations and poses needed to export and compile it.
here's said rigged model in a folded up pose replacing the untextured temp manhack that would normally go on the elite metrocops shoulder(completely different eras I know, but looks nice non the less).
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Another update! this time a recreation of the earlier Energyball ammo model in a preview image and the infamous APC engine puzzle model!
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Another little update, finally got around to that ancient manhack texture besides the other normal ones, the blade is a work in progress.

Wolfcl0ck

• Просмотр профиля
    • My Portfolio
Another little update, finally got around to that ancient manhack texture besides the other normal ones, the blade is a work in progress.
Very impressive! I like the concept behind this one.
My portfolio
My Gamebanana
My Lambdagen
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Its Done!

The stun stick is all compiled and ready for usage.
For Retail
For Beta

syf2010

• Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Looks tremendous
Downloading it right now, keep up the good work mate
God bless!
Farthenhickle.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Another set, AR2 ammo capsule based on the preview image plus some options (for retail).

AR2 Kofi
Ammo Kofi
Ammo Gamebanana
AR2 Gamebanana

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Some more things! this time remaking the manhack Gib UV on the actual model utilizing a wireframe found in one of the more recent leaks! along with a previously unknown manhack texture iteration present that uses that UV I've re-baked the retail manhack textures over to that UV map so that the "burnt out" gib texture gets an upgrade!
UV remake Gamebanana UV remake kofi
Gib remake Gamebanana Gib remake kofi