Help figuring out if this is a fake map or not

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
so recently became more intrested in the half-life 2 beta, i have been talking with my friend about this and he told me that he was around time of leak and was able to download a map that is nowhere else on the internet and sent me this vmf, can anyone help me figure out if this is actually real or not? if it is then it would be oldest beta map found but i really dont belive it because its been 20 years since leak and if it was real it would have been found by now (change .txt to .vmf)

heres what it looks like on my computer btw
  • True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
so recently became more intrested in the half-life 2 beta, i have been talking with my friend about this and he told me that he was around time of leak and was able to download a map that is nowhere else on the internet and sent me this vmf, can anyone help me figure out if this is actually real or not? if it is then it would be oldest beta map found but i really dont belive it because its been 20 years since leak and if it was real it would have been found by now (change .txt to .vmf)
honestly, no idea
it does use textures mentioned in oldtrans.txt
here is the fixed version, the big square is a button.
can you ask your friend if there are more?
  • True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
honestly, no idea
oh and yeah it uses sky_hyper01 sky that is not in leak

Sarah

• Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
this could POSSIBLY be a fake, but also not. redtest2 is a map we knew about but never had, the editorbuild lines up with being for an early map (however anyone can change that manually), and its using oldtrans textures. idk if theres a way to really prove this or disprove this

actually, im pretty certain this is fake. red lighting bug referred to a bug where in NORMAL lighting, red splotches would appear on object and walls. it wasnt gonna be a room with red lighting. pretty sure this is fake and your friend is a fraud or was tricked by someone else
𓇗 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 ,
𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔡 𓋼
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
honestly, no idea

he told me he remembers downloading lots of things when leak happened so he will check any older hard drives so i will post an update here i guess if anything else is found? the map name seems to be mentioned in vrad.h (but it mentions a .map not .vmf but it could be that valve ran script to turn all .map to .vmf)
  • True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
actually, im pretty certain this is fake. red lighting bug referred to a bug where in NORMAL lighting, red splotches would appear on object and walls. it wasnt gonna be a room with red lighting. pretty sure this is fake and your friend is a fraud or was tricked by someone else
wdym? if you refer the screenshot i used light entity, it was light_glspot. so i have no idea
here is the fullbright screenshot

Sarah

• Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
wdym? if you refer the screenshot i used light entity, it was light_glspot. so i have no idea
what color was the light_glspot
𓇗 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 ,
𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔡 𓋼
  • True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
red

Sarah

• Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
red
yeah no, this map isnt real lol, refer to my previous comment. if they were trying to spot red lighting in normal white-ish lighting, why would they add a red light to it
𓇗 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 ,
𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔡 𓋼
  • True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
red
yeah no, this map isnt real lol, refer to my previous comment. if they were trying to spot red lighting in normal white-ish lighting, why would they add a red light to it
is there any other way to proof its fake? i mean we never seen this map in-game.

bruno

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble by saying what everyone else is saying, but this is most likely not real. The oldest confirmed map we have is c1a3_port from December 2000. Your friend is probably trying to fool you to seem more impressive (or maybe you're trying to fool us.).

Still, if you have the file it would be nice to have a better look at the map, so, if you're still unsure of if it's real or not despite all of the replies so far, send it if you have the time.

Edit: Wrote this so slowly didn't realize that the map was already uploaded. Whoops I guess?
Отредактировано: 27 Июл 2024, 13:01:38 от bruno
𝕸𝖔𝖟̇𝖊 𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖊̨ 𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖟𝖈𝖟𝖊 𝖐𝖚𝖗𝖜𝖆 𝖟𝖆𝖏𝖒𝖎𝖊𝖘𝖟 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖆̨ 𝖏𝖊𝖉𝖜𝖆𝖇𝖓𝖎𝖐𝖔́𝖜?  𝓙𝓮𝓫𝓪ć 𝓟𝓲𝓢! 𝓟𝓞 𝓽𝓮ż 𝓳𝓮𝓫𝓪ć!
🅚🅞🅜🅤🅒🅗🅨 🅓🅞 🅦🅞🅡🅐 🅐 🅦🅞🅡 🅓🅞 🅙🅔🅩🅘🅞🅡🅐
My ModDB
Also my YouTube (I don't really post often)
@brunototal
Oh, and join the HL2 Beta Discord too I guess.

Sarah

• Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
red
is there any other way to proof its fake? i mean we never seen this map in-game.
the fact that its a vmf, the og map was a .map. if valve really converted it into a vmf we wouldve had it in the wc mappack leak
𓇗 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 ,
𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔡𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔡 𓋼
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
i guess everything here makes sense, would have been cool if it was actually real but oh well
  • True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
i guess everything here makes sense, would have been cool if it was actually real but oh well
we are not fully sure
but please ask your friend for more if he has more
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
we are not fully sure
but please ask your friend for more if he has more

i will, if he has more then i will share here i guess but my friend has like old hard drives where he downloaded lot of stuff so it might take time to search through them and see if anything is found or if anything real is found that isnt outthere related to hl2 beta