Help figuring out if this is a fake map or not

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
these arent in wc mappack as oldest is december 18th in wc mappack, but im not even sure if they are real
I don't know. Your friend got maps and content in 2000, right? Perhaps Valve already deleted the old test maps at the time of the leak in 2003.
Perhaps one of the admins will be able to understand whether this is real or not. So for now we can only stop at guesses.

Although I personally think now that it is real.
Отредактировано: 27 Июл 2024, 20:48:51 от Krutoi_452
Не буду сдаваться.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
these arent in wc mappack as oldest is december 18th in wc mappack, but im not even sure if they are real
I don't know. Your friend got maps and content in 2000, right? Perhaps Valve already deleted the old test maps at the time of the leak in 2003.
Perhaps one of the admins will be able to understand whether this is real or not. So for now we can only stop at guesses.

he said he only found maps from 2000 that he found in TF2 boa leak when ftp servers laeked in 2000 and he downloaded some stuff, but no textures or models or sounds yet, will see

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля

he said he only found maps from 2000 that he found in TF2 boa leak when ftp servers laeked in 2000 and he downloaded some stuff, but no textures or models or sounds yet, will see
Okey

Can you please send siggraph_physics map? I'd like to see what's going on there.
Не буду сдаваться.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
i did send it, its the .txt file, it has to be renamed to .vmf, but if it didnt correctly send here are them

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
i did send it, its the .txt file, it has to be renamed to .vmf, but if it didnt correctly send here are them
Thank you!
Are these all the maps that were there?
Не буду сдаваться.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Thank you!
Are these all the maps that were there?

there was also this but map seems to be partially corrupted, the texture names are broken
  • Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Oh look I'm a special person who has a YouTube account
You guys would believe anything.

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
You guys would believe anything.
Wait, this could be very real. Valve created maps before 2001, so these maps may be quite real, but this is not certain.
We need to tell the admins about this, maybe one of them knows something.
Отредактировано: 27 Июл 2024, 21:21:39 от Krutoi_452
Не буду сдаваться.
  • Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Oh look I'm a special person who has a YouTube account
Wait, this could be very real. Valve made maps before 2001, so these maps may be quite real.

Valve having a "props_siggraph" or "props_hyper" folder in 2000 is very much not real. Not to mention a visgroup being called "City Test (Outdated do not map here)" is incredibly stupid.

Also the use of "prop_physics" when they only used "physics_prop" when it was first added is evidence enough as well.

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Wait, this could be very real. Valve made maps before 2001, so these maps may be quite real.

Valve having a "props_siggraph" or "props_hyper" folder in 2000 is very much not real. Not to mention a visgroup being called "City Test (Outdated do not map here)" is incredibly stupid.

Also the use of "prop_physics" when they only used "physics_prop" when it was first added is evidence enough as well.
I agree with you, but we still need to find out the admins’ opinion. I repeat, perhaps they know something and can say about all this.
Не буду сдаваться.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
my friend has lots of old hdd's where he downloaded lots of random stuff especially in time of leak so theres defintly chance that if the maps i sent are fake, there is still some real maps that arent known

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
my friend has lots of old hdd's where he downloaded lots of random stuff especially in time of leak so theres defintly chance that if the maps i sent are fake, there is still some real maps that arent known
I agree, we still don’t really know whether all this is true or not.
Maybe some of the maps are real.
Не буду сдаваться.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
one of the hdd's he had with some old downloaded content from leak time did just fail now, the one with vert_interior_test01 but there where 20 other ones that at least one could have potentially been real, but theres still hdd's left luckily, it made loud clicking sound when copying vert_interior_test01

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
i found here info_landmark and trigger_changelevel.
There is another map is indicated here, vert_outside_test01

Does a friend have it or do you have it?
Не буду сдаваться.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
i found here info_landmark and trigger_changelevel.
There is another map is indicated here, vert_outside_test01

Does a friend have it or do you have it?

no not as of yet, theres chance it was on the hard drive that just failed that had the inital interior map, but we are still checking all the other ones