Help figuring out if this is a fake map or not

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
i found here info_landmark and trigger_changelevel.
There is another map is indicated here, vert_outside_test01

Does a friend have it or do you have it?

no not as of yet, theres chance it was on the hard drive that just failed that had the inital interior map, but we are still checking all the other ones
Okay, I'll wait for the next map. Perhaps there will be some more content.
And so we have to wait for the admins to see what they have to say about this.

Your friend just downloaded the maps without any content for them? If yes, then it’s kind of strange.
I thought there would be more textures or maybe even models in the leak.
Отредактировано: 27 Июл 2024, 21:59:17 от Krutoi_452
Не буду сдаваться.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля

no not as of yet, theres chance it was on the hard drive that just failed that had the inital interior map, but we are still checking all the other ones

Your friend just downloaded the maps without any content for them?

he said he found them in TF2 BOA leak in 2000 (source that that leak is real:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDaG1uR5T4) and there was some hl2 content in it that he uploaded to backup drives as he is a half-life fan

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля

Your friend just downloaded the maps without any content for them?

he said he found them in TF2 BOA leak in 2000 (source that that leak is real:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDaG1uR5T4) and there was some hl2 content in it that he uploaded to backup drives as he is a half-life fan
Well, if you follow the logic, then he should have downloaded everything.
Okay, I'll wait for more maps then.

Write when you find something again.
Не буду сдаваться.

bruno

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Okay, time to burst everybody's bubble here, especially for those who are still unsure about this and those that actually somehow believe it. It was fun while it lasted, but enough is truly enough. The maps are fake, end of sentence. It started off somewhat believing. Whoever made them did their research when it comes to the beta. They chose the correct textures, somewhat era accurate entities and sounds. Even the date matched (Which can be easily changed anyway). The only thing wrong was the format, being .vmf which probably wasn't in use (or even existed at all probably) at that time.

I alongside MegaMan1904 (Soup2.0 on DC) decided to contact the guy on Discord to take a closer look. More maps came in. The first was still slightly believable, and then shit hit the fan so hard you could tell the maps were crafted with bullshit from a mile away. We already suspected the maps were not real, because of course they're not, but we still engaged for the fun alone. But after the 4th or 5th map was "found" even after we called him out on it, the whole thing was not fun anymore, even to laugh at it. And after this, they just moved back to the forum and keep spreading that stuff.

I understand that we're craving new leaks. That we want to see more of the beta, that we want more builds to leak so we can play and dissect them. I truly get that... However, making up fake maps and making the less knowledgeable people in the community to believe you that they're real is not the way to go, ever. This has already happened once before, where some guy started making stuff up for attention. Frankly it was a much more crappy attempt, and everyone caught on pretty quickly, but that's besides the point. Farming for attention like this sure gives you the 5 minutes of spotlight you crave, but also does another thing, that being: Ruin your reputation and waste everybodys time.

Please, get real, and stop before one of the mods makes up their mind and bans you because you're annoying by constantly lying for your own satisfaction.
𝕸𝖔𝖟̇𝖊 𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖊̨ 𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖟𝖈𝖟𝖊 𝖐𝖚𝖗𝖜𝖆 𝖟𝖆𝖏𝖒𝖎𝖊𝖘𝖟 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖆̨ 𝖏𝖊𝖉𝖜𝖆𝖇𝖓𝖎𝖐𝖔́𝖜?  𝓙𝓮𝓫𝓪ć 𝓟𝓲𝓢! 𝓟𝓞 𝓽𝓮ż 𝓳𝓮𝓫𝓪ć!
🅚🅞🅜🅤🅒🅗🅨 🅓🅞 🅦🅞🅡🅐 🅐 🅦🅞🅡 🅓🅞 🅙🅔🅩🅘🅞🅡🅐
My ModDB
Also my YouTube (I don't really post often)
@brunototal
Oh, and join the HL2 Beta Discord too I guess.

Krutoi_452

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Okay, time to burst everybody's bubble here, especially for those who are still unsure about this and those that actually somehow believe it. It was fun while it lasted, but enough is truly enough. The maps are fake, end of sentence. It started off somewhat believing. Whoever made them did their research when it comes to the beta. They chose the correct textures, somewhat era accurate entities and sounds. Even the date matched (Which can be easily changed anyway). The only thing wrong was the format, being .vmf which probably wasn't in use (or even existed at all probably) at that time.

I alongside MegaMan1904 (Soup2.0 on DC) decided to contact the guy on Discord to take a closer look. More maps came in. The first was still slightly believable, and then shit hit the fan so hard you could tell the maps were crafted with bullshit from a mile away. We already suspected the maps were not real, because of course they're not, but we still engaged for the fun alone. But after the 4th or 5th map was "found" even after we called him out on it, the whole thing was not fun anymore, even to laugh at it. And after this, they just moved back to the forum and keep spreading that stuff.

I understand that we're craving new leaks. That we want to see more of the beta, that we want more builds to leak so we can play and dissect them. I truly get that... However, making up fake maps and making the less knowledgeable people in the community to believe you that they're real is not the way to go, ever. This has already happened once before, where some guy started making stuff up for attention. Frankly it was a much more crappy attempt, and everyone caught on pretty quickly, but that's besides the point. Farming for attention like this sure gives you the 5 minutes of spotlight you crave, but also does another thing, that being: Ruin your reputation and waste everybodys time.

Please, get real, and stop before one of the mods makes up their mind and bans you because you're annoying by constantly lying for your own satisfaction.

ok, got it.

Could you please explain why all the maps are fake?
Не буду сдаваться.

bruno

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
ok, got it.

Could you please explain why all the maps are fake?
I can't believe you're even asking, but sure, why not. Typos in the maps object names (Planck instead of Plank), nonsensical entity names and paths (For example, trigger_changeleversiggraph, which makes 0 sense, because why Valve would make a seperate trigger_changelever function just for Siggraph 2000?), and just general bad design and actual literal rookie hammer editor mistakes in some of the later "finds", like light leaks that cause the map to be just outright impossible to compile. Also, there's fact that Axel Gembe, the person who stole the files in the first place, never managed to download Valves full server, ever.

What we got, is what we get. There were no secrets other leaks, there were no extra files that time forgot somehow. None of that shit. Unless Gaben himself decides to bestow us with more HL2 Beta crap, or some kind of confirmed leak actually happens, we're not getting anything else.

Not every random guy saying they have beta stuff actually does, and in this case even though it briefly started as believable, so much so that I myself was not 100% sure if it's real or not, now it's so obviously fake it's not even worth giving it attention anymore.
𝕸𝖔𝖟̇𝖊 𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖊̨ 𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖟𝖈𝖟𝖊 𝖐𝖚𝖗𝖜𝖆 𝖟𝖆𝖏𝖒𝖎𝖊𝖘𝖟 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖆̨ 𝖏𝖊𝖉𝖜𝖆𝖇𝖓𝖎𝖐𝖔́𝖜?  𝓙𝓮𝓫𝓪ć 𝓟𝓲𝓢! 𝓟𝓞 𝓽𝓮ż 𝓳𝓮𝓫𝓪ć!
🅚🅞🅜🅤🅒🅗🅨 🅓🅞 🅦🅞🅡🅐 🅐 🅦🅞🅡 🅓🅞 🅙🅔🅩🅘🅞🅡🅐
My ModDB
Also my YouTube (I don't really post often)
@brunototal
Oh, and join the HL2 Beta Discord too I guess.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
ok, that makes sense, im not one who made the maps its just my friend said he had downloaded them back in 2000 with the TF2 boa leak on the FTP so i thought it was real but i guess he was lying then, but its strange since the hdd's are actually from 2000 and failed after, but ok
    • Просмотр профиля
4 pages of posts about a map that looks worse than crap.vmf, amazing.