Help in configuring Valve Hammer Editor [Worldcraft] for HL2 Beta

• Просмотр профиля
HELP IN CONFIGURING VALVE HAMMER EDITOR [WORLDCRAFT] FOR HALF-LIFE 2 BETA

Warning! For correct work of the editor there should be NO Russian or other letters and spaces in folder names, where the editor is located. Otherwise no stable work is guaranteed!

If you used retail SDK hammer, check the text under the spoiler
Conflict of the beta Hammer with the retail one
[свернуть]

1. Run Valve Hammer Editor [Worldcraft] (in our case it is D:\anon-hl2\bin\wc.exe)

2. In the drop-down menu select Tools, then Options...

3. The window of Valve Hammer Editor [Worldcraft] should open on the tab Game Configurations. Make it look like on this picture

4. Now open the Build Programs tab.
Tweak it as on this picture

That's all! Valve Hammer Editor [Worldcraft] is configured and you can us it!

Don't forget that the .vmf you wish to compile should be in hl2/maps folder.

P.S

If you see "There are no texture files defined yet. Add some texture files before you run the map. " error when attempting to compile a map, you should do the following:

1. Copy null.wad to \anon-hl2\hl2\materials

2. Run Valve Hammer Editor [Worldcraft] (in our case it is D:\anon-hl2\bin\wc.exe)

3. In the drop-down menu select Tools, then Options...

4. Go to the Materials tab.
Make it look like on this picture

Done! The error has gone! You can continue you work!

Tutor has been edited by HOMiE7...

And here's a video tutorial done by Toasttf
Отредактировано: 26 Янв 2018, 00:13:45 от Витой
Сегодня играл в Half-Life 2 Beta. В комнату зашла мать и сказала:
- Я смотрю, не зря ты MIT закончил!
Я встал из-за компьютера, подошёл к розетке и выдернул штепсель.

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
EVERYONE

I just learned the hard way that you cannot configure hammer if you opened it via opening a VMF file, otherwise, the apply button is grayed out and you can't save your config. :(

EDIT:

you can't open VMF via "Open with..." in general, just says you need to configure every time.
Отредактировано: 24 Июн 2017, 22:55:44 от explodingmoons
    • Просмотр профиля
    • hl2-beta.ru
I just learned the hard way that you cannot configure hammer if you opened it via opening a VMF file, otherwise, the apply button is grayed out and you can't save your config. :(
I don't quite understand what do you mean, but the apply button shouldn't be grayed out. I never even heard about such problem before. Can you show me the screenshot?
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Отредактировано: 24 Июн 2017, 23:42:10 от explodingmoons
    • Просмотр профиля
    • hl2-beta.ru
Can a gif work too? I'm a bit lazy.
But why don't you open WC.exe from bin folder first?
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I meant it as a general warning for everyone trying to configure WC.

Ryanisagordonfreeman

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Hey, so I configured it the way you did, the only difference is, is that I put anon-hl2 in my E: drive. However, every time I go and press "New" Worldcraft.exe always crashes. Any ideas on how to fix this? Also, everytime I launch it, I get an error down below saying the following - "Load material header failed: /frontbuffer" and the default texture keeps defaulting to "/frontbuffer" and it's just a missing cubemap texture(the purple and black squares.)

It's really bothering me
    • Просмотр профиля
    • hl2-beta.ru
every time I go and press "New" Worldcraft.exe always crashes. Any ideas on how to fix this?
This could be because you have a retail SDK installed or used it before. Read the "Conflict of the beta hammer with the retail one" paragraph in this thread.

Цитата
Also, everytime I launch it, I get an error down below saying the following - "Load material header failed: /frontbuffer" and the default texture keeps defaulting to "/frontbuffer" and it's just a missing cubemap texture(the purple and black squares.)
VXP added this texture in LeakNet with some reason, I forgot what was it, but I think it's important, so you better keep that texture.

VXP

• Просмотр профиля
    • LeakNet
Hey, so I configured it the way you did, the only difference is, is that I put anon-hl2 in my E: drive. However, every time I go and press "New" Worldcraft.exe always crashes. Any ideas on how to fix this?
This is a bug with LeakNet patch, I think. However, this bug is present in original leaked source code, so I did not made it myself. Only temporary solution that I can tell you is enabling "Use independent window configurations" checkbox in General tab at Worldcraft settings. This will dismount your 3D- and 2D-windows, but program should work correctly. You can add new windows by hitting "Window" -> "New Window" at program menu

Also, everytime I launch it, I get an error down below saying the following - "Load material header failed: /frontbuffer" and the default texture keeps defaulting to "/frontbuffer" and it's just a missing cubemap texture(the purple and black squares.)
Also, this is not a critical error, it's just can't properly load this material because it's not a proper game material actually. That material is used in motion blur functionality

Ryanisagordonfreeman

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Only temporary solution that I can tell you is enabling "Use independent window configurations" checkbox in General tab at Worldcraft settings. This will dismount your 3D- and 2D-windows, but program should work correctly. You can add new windows by hitting "Window" -> "New Window" at program menu

Thank you for this temp fix, it seems to work slightly. But I need to have 4 separate windows of the graph views which is unfortunate, but completely doable.

Thanks.

GlucioPL

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • beter.cf
Hello, i configured everything as shown here, yet when i try to start a new map hammer either freezes, exits, or stops working. Can you help me?
ey bada beep bada boop
    • Просмотр профиля
    • hl2-beta.ru
Hello, i configured everything as shown here, yet when i try to start a new map hammer either freezes, exits, or stops working. Can you help me?
Make sure there is no non-latin symbols or spaces in your path to the folder with the beta. Also don't forget to check the "Conflict of the beta Hammer with the retail one" paragraph in the "How to fix beta maps" tutorial, if you used retail SDK.

GlucioPL

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • beter.cf
I did what VXP said, it works now, but is there a way to actually see the map in 3d as in retail hammer?
Edit: nvm i got it
ey bada beep bada boop

GlucioPL

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • beter.cf
I probably sound stupid, but how do i get null.wad to work...?
I opened it up and its nothing more than characters...
ey bada beep bada boop
    • Просмотр профиля
Now try to download again.