Help in configuring Valve Hammer Editor [Worldcraft] for HL2 Beta

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I configured the WC editor correctly and it was working but now it isn't. I discovered that whenever I open any map it would crash, so I decided to just click "new" and make a blank map but it I got the error of "Missing one or more materials from the materials\Worldcraft folder." closing this menu allowed me to use the editor but there are no textures in the texture menu. I tried following the conflict with release build hammer section but I don't have a "VProject" in that menu.
I ask questions sometimes
    • Просмотр профиля
    • hl2-beta.ru
"Missing one or more materials from the materials\Worldcraft folder."
Did you put null.wad in the materials folder as it was said in the first post of this thread?
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Yeah its in the materials folder, for some reason it removed itself from materials section of the config and putting it back in there just gave me a "null" texture in the browser. I also attempted to redo the config from scratch and it still didn't work. I think I'm going to just try and reinstall the whole beta. If it means anything, I have moved around the anon-hl2 folder before so if its trying to grab things from the original installation path then, oops.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I think I'm going to just try and reinstall the whole beta.
reinstalled it and it works now, still don't know what broke.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Whenever i try and load up a map I made the screen freezes and starts shaking before crashing. Help

VXP

• Просмотр профиля
    • LeakNet
Whenever i try and load up a map I made the screen freezes and starts shaking before crashing. Help
We could not help you, until you provide some more information about this incident. At least tell us what map are you launching
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I fixed it by just not running the map in hammer
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I've Configured it 5 times today, redownloaded the Leak 5 times, and I'm getting really annoyed, after configuring it it works as should. Materials load, can make a skybox etc, but when I close it and open it again, it loads and when it should've been done loading Windows 10 makes the notification sound and closes WC, what could be the reason of this?

TL:DR, it crashes on boot even though I've Installed it correctly.
    • Просмотр профиля
I've Configured it 5 times today, redownloaded the Leak 5 times, and I'm getting really annoyed, after configuring it it works as should. Materials load, can make a skybox etc, but when I close it and open it again, it loads and when it should've been done loading Windows 10 makes the notification sound and closes WC, what could be the reason of this?

TL:DR, it crashes on boot even though I've Installed it correctly.

Is wc.exe disappearing after it closes?

If so, it could be your antivirus falsely seeing it as a threat. I used to have this issue with hl2.exe for the leak when I used Avast awhile back. (If it is that then just add the exe as an exception in the setting for whatever antivirus you might have.)

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I did that and nothing changed, I recorded the provess, maybe it'll provide you with the correct information.

&feature=youtu.be
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
how do i fix this error: FATAL ERROR Mission one or more materials from the material/Worldcraft folder.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
"Missing one or more materials from the materials\Worldcraft folder."
Did you put null.wad in the materials folder as it was said in the first post of this thread?
I set everything up as needed and inserted null.vad, but I still don’t have textures in the texture menu
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Yeah its in the materials folder, for some reason it removed itself from materials section of the config and putting it back in there just gave me a "null" texture in the browser. I also attempted to redo the config from scratch and it still didn't work. I think I'm going to just try and reinstall the whole beta. If it means anything, I have moved around the anon-hl2 folder before so if its trying to grab things from the original installation path then, oops.
I know how to fix your problem! Maybe in Mod directory and Game directory, you wrote the wrong path for example: "D:\anon-hl2"<- wrong path, "D:\anon-hl2\hl2" <- The right way
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
If you'd rather make Leak maps using Hammer++, I have a guide here:
https://hl2-beta.ru/index.php?topic=29375.0

(This is mostly for me because I keep forgetting I put the thread into the general category)
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Hi there, Sorry for replying as a First Post but whenever i add the null.wad file and close the editor (The Unlisted "How to fix Maps" Live Stream [Which can be accessed on Project Beta's youtube Channel under the "Eng-speaking Streams" Playlist] said to do this incase the Editor Crashes) then try to Re-open it, I get this and the Editor immediately closes

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C\anon-hl2\bin\wc.exe

abnormal program termination" (I typed it incase the image may not display on some computers)

I wonder what exactly causes this? has this got something to do with the "Conflict with Retail Hammer" mentioned on the First Page? it seems to only happen when the null.wad is added into the Materials tab, So far the Only Way i've managed to fix it is by moving the null.wad into another Folder.

i hope anyone may know what Causes this error to happen incase there's a way to resolve it. ~ NSWThomasFan.
Отредактировано: 29 Янв 2024, 13:06:13 от Nswthomasfan