Thoughts on Beta content in Half Life:Alyx?

• Antlion Grub
    • Просмотр профиля
Hi, in case someone hasn't seen the big news - Valve popped out a trailer for Half Life:Alyx, a brand new Half Life game for VR.

The main question I got is how many Beta elements are recognizable here, and thoughts/predictions on seeing other conceptual stuff in the future? And personal opinions are welcome as well :D I know it's a VR only game and theres a lot of ire in the general community about it, so perhaps I'm talking story/lore-wise stuff :P

Personally this trailer had reignited my interest in the Beta after temporarily losing focus for it due to real life things, and I am wondering about you guys :D

The Gman

• True Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Xeller DESIGN
Things that i have seen so far: houndeye (stitch?), sand barnacle (?), rtb styled elite.
iam xelle r
    • Просмотр профиля
    • hl2-beta.ru
The main question I got is how many Beta elements are recognizable here, and thoughts/predictions on seeing other conceptual stuff in the future?
And even better question is:
How much content was cut from this game and how many more HL games concepts were scrapped throughout all those 12 years since the release of Episode Two?
I'm really looking forward to see this "Final hours of Half-Life: Alyx" documentary, where they will tell us at least about some of those.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Well, first of all I would say that the creature that is in the minute "1:16" becomes familiar to an unused model that has no texture or animation ..., in the news there is the image,
but i couldn't find it
  • Good Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
    • Oh look I'm a special person who has a YouTube account
Well, first of all I would say that the creature that is in the minute "1:16" becomes familiar to an unused model that has no texture or animation ..., in the news there is the image,
but i couldn't find it
Sand barnacle.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Well, I noticed one of the scenes is that alyx is looking for something, like a bullet, then quickly puts it in the gun, and fired it, I think the gun is some sort of a shotgun that could hold only one bqrrel at a time.
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
Not entirely related but I hope they bring back the hydra for HL:A
  • Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
I also noticed some of the combines looked as if they were in their beta moeels of hl2 beta, but I also noticed a guy wearing winter clothing, similar to how in the borealis of hl2 beta as well.

clayton0127

• Citizen
    • Просмотр профиля
and the style of city 17 featured in half life alyx looks oddly familiar, reminds me of the dark storyline concept art.
The true citizen knows Half Life 3 will not be released.